Effective Date: June 30, 2018
This website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
c/o Privacy Department
13894 S. Bangerter Parkway, Ste. 200
Draper, UT 84020 U.S.A.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We need to collect and process your personal information to run our business and provide you with the Products and Services. If you don’t want us to collect or process your personal information in the ways described in this policy, you shouldn’t buy our Products and Services.
This website might have links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. We are not responsible for the content or the privacy policies or practices of any third-party service providers, third-party websites, or third-party apps so when you leave our website, please read the privacy policies of those sites you visit.
Information You Provide and We Collect
We may collect information you provide when you register, sign up, purchase, communicate with us, answer our surveys, upload content, or otherwise use the Products and Services.
We collect information about you when you use our site and purchase our Products and Services, including:
- Identification Data. Your name; email address; mailing address; phone number; photograph; birthdate; passport, driver’s license, Social Security Taxpayer Identification, or other government-issued identification; or other historical, contact, and demographic information when you register for, purchase from, or otherwise request Products and Services from us
- Financial Data. Information such as bank account, payment card numbers, credit reports, and other publicly available information.
- Other Information You Provide. Information that you voluntarily provide to us, including your survey responses; participation in contests, promotions, or other prospective seller marketing forms or devices; suggestions for improvements; referrals; details about your background and experience with us; details about any external transaction or investment history; or any other actions relating to our Products and Services.
- Precise Geolocation Information. The location of your device. For more information and to learn how to disable collection of location information see below.
- Use Information. Information about how you use our Products and Services, including your access time, “log-in” and “log-out” information, browser type and language, country and language setting on your device, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, the domain name of your Internet service provider, other attributes about your browser, mobile device and operating system, any specific page you visit on our platform, content you view, features you use, the date and time of your visit to or use of the Services, your search terms, the website you visited before you visited or used the Services, data about how you interact with our Services, and other clickstream data.
- Identity Verification. Information from third-party verification services, mailing list providers, and publicly available sources.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We may use information about you for a number of purposes, including:
- Registering you as a new customer
Processing and Delivering your order for Products and Services
- Otherwise providing you with Products and Services you choose to use
- Providing, maintaining, and improving our Products and Services
- Developing new products and services
- Delivering the information and support you request, including technical notices, security alerts, and support and administrative messages including to resolve disputes, collect fees, and provide assistance for problems with our Products and Services or your account
- Measuring, tracking, and analyzing trends and usage in connection with your use or the performance of our Products and Services
- Sending you marketing information we think you may find useful or which you have requested from us about our Products and Services if you have not opted out of such types of communication. This communication may include contact by:
- Text (SMS/MMS) messages
- Telephone calls
- Automated phone calls or text messages
- Investigating, detecting, preventing, or reporting fraud, misrepresentations, security breaches or incidents, other potentially prohibited or illegal activities, or to otherwise help protect your account
- Protecting our, or our customers’ rights or property, or the security or integrity of our Products and Services
- Enforcing our Terms of Service or other applicable agreements or policies
- Verifying your identity
- Complying with any applicable laws or regulations, or in response to lawful requests for information from the government or through legal process
- Fulfilling any other purpose disclosed to you in connection with our Products and Services
- Contacting you to resolve disputes, collect payments, and provide assistance with our Products and Services
- Marketing of our Products and Services
- Communicating with you about opportunities, products, services, contests, promotions, discounts, incentives, surveys, and rewards offered by us and select partners
- If we send you marketing emails or SMS/MMS text messages, each email and message will contain instructions permitting you to “opt out” of receiving future marketing or other communications
- If we call you to offer additional Products and Services, you may request to be added to our internal do-not-call list. This will not remove you from security, legal, or administrative related communications
HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We may share information about you as follows:
Internal Third Parties
- With our group companies and corporate affiliates, for the purposes outlined above.
External Third Parties
- With third parties to provide, maintain, and improve our Products and Services, including service providers who access information about you to perform services on our behalf, such as IT and system administration as well as financial institutions, payment networks, payment card associations, and other entities in connection with the Products and Services;
- With third parties that run advertising campaigns, contests, special offers, or other events or activities on our behalf or in connection with our Products and Services.
Compliance with Law
HOW LONG WE RETAIN YOUR DATA
We only retain your information as long as necessary to provide you the Products and Services or to comply with applicable legal, accounting or reporting requirements. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal data. The purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
COOKIES AND OTHER SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
Certain cookies we use last only for the duration of your web or application session and expire when you close your browser or exit the application. Other cookies are used to remember you when you return to use the Products and Services and, as such, will last longer.
- Remember that you have visited us or used the Products and Services before. This allows us to identify the number of unique visitors we receive, so that we can provide enough capacity to accommodate all of our users.
- Customize elements of the promotional layout and/or content of our Products and Services.
- Collect data about the way you interact with our Products and Services.
- Collect data to assess and improve our advertising campaigns, including sending information to our business partners.
- Allow our business partners (including third parties) to use these tracking technologies to track your behavior on our behalf on our website(s) or application(s) (including when you use multiple devices) and on partner websites.
- Enable third parties to collect data about the way you interact across sites outside of our Products and Services.
- Collect anonymous statistical information about how you use the Products and Services (including the length of your web or application session) and the location from which you access the Products and Services, so that we can improve them and learn which elements and functions are most popular with our users.
Most web and mobile device browsers are set to automatically accept cookies by default. However, you can change your browser settings to prevent automatic acceptance of cookies, or to notify you each time a cookie is set.
We also may collect information using web beacons. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Products and Services or emails. We use web beacons to deliver cookies, track the number of visits to our website and apps, understand usage and campaign effectiveness, and determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon.
THIRD-PARTY ADVERTISING AND ANALYTICS
This Privacy Notice does not apply to, and we are not responsible for, third-party cookies, web beacons, or other tracking technologies, which are covered by such third parties’ privacy policies.
For more information, we encourage you to check the privacy policies of these third parties to learn about their privacy practices.
Request access to your personal data. You may view, change, or correct information that you have provided by making a request to us, in which case we may need to verify your identity before viewing or otherwise changing or correcting your information.
Request canceling or deactivating your account
If you wish to cancel or deactivate your account, you can do so by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Request stopping collection of location information
In order to provide certain Products and Services, we may require access to location information, including precise geolocation information collected from your device. If you do not consent to collection of this information, certain Products and Services may not function properly, and you will not be able to use them. You can stop our collection of location information at any time by changing the preferences on your mobile device. If you do so, some of our mobile applications will no longer function.
Request opting out of promotional communications
You can opt out of receiving promotional messages from us by following the instructions in those messages, by informing the caller that you would not like to receive future promotional calls or by replying STOP to any SMS/MMS message. Opting out of receiving communications may impact your use of the Products and Services. If you decide to opt out, we can still send you non-promotional communications, such as digital receipts and messages about your account or our ongoing business relations.
California Privacy Rights
California law permits residents of California to request certain details about our disclosure of your personal information to third parties for direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to request this information, please contact us as noted below.
We take reasonable measures, including administrative, technical, and physical safeguards, to protect your information from loss, theft, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Nevertheless, the internet is not a 100% secure environment, and we cannot guarantee absolute security of the transmission or storage of your information. We hold information about you both at our own premises and with the assistance of third-party service providers.
STORAGE AND PROCESSING
We may, and we may use third-party service providers to, process and store your information in the United States, Canada, the European Union, and other countries.